Access to Higher Education Courses in Guildford, Surrey
Are you thinking about getting a degree but don’t have the qualifications to get you there?
If you're aged over 19, our Access to Higher Education courses provide a nationally recognised, non A Level route to university or higher education for mature students without formal entry requirements. They can be studied full-time over one year or part-time over two years. Choose from Animal Management, Business, Combined Sciences, Nursing and Health, or Social Sciences.
|Access to Animal Management Diploma - 2018:19
|Access to Business Studies Diploma - 2018:19
|Access to Combined Sciences Diploma - 2018:19
|Access to Equine Management - 2018:19
|Access to Nursing and Healthcare Professions Diploma - 2018:19
|Access to Social Sciences Diploma - 2018:19
Why Choose Guildford College?
- Expert guidance – university applications and careers advice
- Learning Resource Centre stacked with over 30,000 resources and including study zones and computers. Information is also accessible remotely and staff are on hand to help and give advice
- Subject-specialist teaching staff, providing an excellent standard of teaching
- Interactive teaching and learning facilities including interactive whiteboards
Day to Day in Industry
- Discussing business objectives and strategy
- Debating controversial topics
- Finding out about crime and punishment, law and society in the UK today
- Reading, researching and writing
- Analysing books and films
- Teaching and/or helping others
Once you have done your degree you could progress to professions including teaching, nursing, social work and many others. Teachers and nurses can earn between £20-35,000 depending on experience, rising to higher than this for more senior positions. Starting salaries for social workers are typically around £20,000, rising to between £26-40,000 in positions of more responsibility.
The College offers a wide variety of Foundation Degrees, HNDs and Degrees or you could move on to a university of your choice. Our Access courses are designed to provide entry to a wide range of subject areas including teacher training, social work, law, nursing, English, business studies, history, philosophy, psychology, sociology, politics, or other subjects at university.
“The support and encouragement I received at Guildford College was incredible, and I hope I'm not being clichéd when I say the work you are doing is changing lives.”
Dennis Mubaiwa, Access to Humanities