English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Courses at Guildford & Farnham Colleges
If English is not your main language, you can take an ESOL course to help you improve.
Our ESOL courses:
- Give you a recognised English language certificate and qualification.
- Improve your English to help you live, work or study in the UK.
- Help you to become a British citizen (please let us know if you are interested in this).
Our ESOL courses are:
- At all levels – Beginner to Advanced.
- At times to suit you - Monday to Friday - morning, afternoon and evening.
- Taught by qualified and experienced teachers - OFSTED inspected.
- Small, friendly classes focused on learning.
The courses cover all aspects of English:
- Speaking and listening, reading, writing, pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
The courses are general English but higher level classes cover:
- English for work/business/study; going to interviews, giving presentations, writing CV’s, cover letters, report writing, discussing topics etc.
Costs and times
ESOL courses cost (£5.20 per hour):
Day time classes = 2 classes per week: 09.30-11.30 or 12.15-14.15
- If starting in September course fees are £250 per term (for 3 terms).
- If starting in January course fees are £250 for the first term and £280 for the second term.
Evening classes = 1 evening per week 18.00-21.00
- If starting in September course fees are £190 per term (for 3 terms).
- If starting in January course fees are £190 for the first term and £220 for the second term.
- ESOL classes are planned for a period of one year/36 weeks (3 x 12 week terms) or over 2 terms if starting January.
- Students must be able to commit to a minimum of 24 weeks. If students are unable to attend for 24 weeks we may still be able to offer places if space is available.
September 2018 Course
Enrolment dates and time for courses starting in September 2018 will be:
- Tuesday 4 September, 10am-4pm
- Wednesday 5 September, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 6 September, 10am-6pm
- Tuesday 11 September, 10am-6pm
- Wednesday 12 September, 10am-4pm
- Thursday 13 September, 10am-6pm
The online booking system will enable you to book an enrolment session appointment.
All students must bring their passport and evidence of their address (bank statement, utility bill etc). >Returning students should bring their previous exam certificates. To guarantee a place, you will need to pay during enrolment.
A complete ESOL course is for 36 weeks (3 terms x 12 weeks)
ESOL Term Dates for 2018-19
- Term 1: 17/09/2018 – 21/12/2018
(Half Term: 22/10/2018 – 26/10/2018)
- Term 2: 07/01/2019 – 05/04/2019
(Half Term: 18/02/2019 – 22/02/2019)
- Term 3: 23/04/2019 – 12/07/2019
(Half Term: 27/05/2019 – 31/05/2019)
Are you eligible for ESOL English classes?
ESOL classes are subsidised by the UK Government. Students pay “Home” fees. You are eligible if you:
- Are a UK, EU or EEA including Swiss national and have lived in the UK, EU or EEA including Switzerland for 3 or more years
- Have “indefinite leave to remain” in your passport
- Have “right of abode” in your passport and resident in the UK, EU or EEA including Switzerland for 3 or more years
- Are a spouse of a UK/EU national and resident in the UK, EU or EEA including Switzerland for 3 or more years. We will need to see passports for both partners, spousal visa and proof of marriage ie. A translated marriage certificate in English and proof of residency for the last 3 years.
- Have refugee status and has lived in the UK since status granted
You may qualify for FREE classes if:
- You are unemployed and receive a contribution-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- You are unemployed and receive Employment and Support Allowance (ESA - a benefit for people who cannot work because of illness or disability)
- You earn less than £15,726.50 per year.
You must bring proof of Benefit Payments, or proof of your income (3 recent Pay Slips, or a Contract of Employment which states your pay and hours) to the enrolment to check if you are eligible for free ESOL courses.
For more information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses run at:
Guildford Childrens Centre with on-site creche
Surrey GU1 1EZ
Tel: 01483 44 85 15
North Guildford Site, Hazel Avenue
Surrey GU1 1NRTel: 01483 44 85 15
Surrey GU9 8LU
Tel: 01483 44 85 15