Counselling Courses in Guildford, Surrey
At Guildford College we have established an excellent reputation for our counselling training, over many years of provision.
We offer a wide range of courses, some BACP accredited. Starting with the Interpersonal Skills Award NCFE Level 1, our students can progress through Levels 2 and 3, up to Foundation Degree and a top-up BA Degree, franchised from the University of Greenwich. We also offer an Access to Counselling Diploma which provides a nationally recognised route to Higher Education. All our lecturers are themselves practitioners/supervisors in the field.
As awareness of mental health issues continues to increase in the public consciousness and more people seek professional help and advice, there is a rise in demand for counselling and professional qualified counsellors. Employers are beginning to ask more and more for counsellors with a degree in counselling, BACP accreditation or both.
|Counselling BA (Hons) top up - full-time - 2020:21
|Counselling Foundation Degree FdSc - full-time - 2020:21
Why Choose Guildford College?
- Wide range of courses
- Foundation Degrees and Degrees accredited by BACP and validated by the University of Greenwich
- Excellent reputation and high success rates for counselling courses
- Suite of counselling rooms, which were commended by Ofsted
- Graduates will be eligible for individual application to the BACP for accreditation following completion of further supervised practice
- Opportunity to experience alternative models of counselling
Day to Day in Industry
- Counselling skills
- Personal development
- Approaches to counselling theory
- Professional issues
- Roles and responsibilities of a practitioner
- Counselling ethics
Starting salaries for counsellors are between £19,000 and £26,000 a year. More experienced counsellors with supervisory responsibilities can earn between £30,000 to £40,000.
We offer a Foundation Degree followed by Degree in Counselling. Alternatively you could undertake university courses in psychology and counselling, therapeutic counselling, counselling studies, person-centred counselling or further professional qualifications.