Skills for Life & Basic Skills Courses in Guildford, Surrey
In England, millions of people struggle with their maths and English skills, so if you have problems you are not alone. At Guildford College, courses are designed to equip you with the necessary confidence and skills to reach your individual goals.
Improving your reading, writing and number skills can give you new confidence and help you:
- Understand money issues
- Improve your job prospects
- Research the best offers available
- Progress to NVQs or other courses
- Fill in forms and write letters
- Help your children with their homework
There are a wide range of courses available to you at different levels, from complete beginners to GCSE level. You take them when you’re ready, and at a level that suits you. By aiming for a qualification that is nationally recognised, you can develop the skills you use in everyday life, as well as boost your CV or move on to further study.
Courses are run at the following centres (for more information, contact the centres directly): Guildford College, Stoke Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1EZ Tel: 01483 44 85 85
Why Choose Guildford College?
- Learn in your local area
- Learn in a way that suits your lifestyle – part-time, during the day or in the evening
- Experienced and knowledgeable tutors - providing on-going support
- Friendly and supportive teaching and learning
- Small class sizes
- Individual learning plans - specifically tailored to your own needs
Courses are designed to give you the necessary confidence and skills to reach your individual goals, as well as helping you to progress towards further qualifications, a wide range of which are available at the College, including A Levels and GCSEs, Diplomas, HNDs and Foundation Degrees.
Day to Day in Industry
- Speaking and listening
- Reading and writing
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Fractions and data
- Multiplication and subtraction
- Measurement, shapes and time
- Computers and the internet