Teaching Courses in Guildford, Surrey
Work with the most exciting people in the world! Teaching is an increasingly popular choice for people with a variety of talents and skills and a hugely rewarding profession, not only in day-to-day terms but also in terms of prospects and benefits.
Our teaching courses offer you the opportunities, training, support and rewards you need to develop and build a stimulating and successful career. They are designed to develop your teaching skills and professional confidence, enabling you to develop relationships with your students and inspire them to learn.
We specialise in training teachers for the further education sector. We provide a range of courses, from those designed to allow you to explore the profession, to more advanced qualifications enabling you to develop all the skills you need to work as a full teacher in the lifelong learning sector - designing your own curricula and teaching a range of levels, subjects and learner types.
There are no courses for this subject area that match this criteria.
Why Choose Guildford College?
- Learning Resource Centre stacked with over 30,000 resources and including study zones and computers. Information is also accessible remotely and staff are on hand to help and give advice
- Subject-specialist teaching staff providing an excellent standard of teaching
- Interactive teaching and learning facilities
- Courses fulfill the training requirements of the Institute for Learning, the professional body overseeing teaching training regulations in Further Education
- Support from College personal tutor and mentor
- Promotes on the job training which allows you to develop professional skills whilst you are teaching
- Engage with other professionals
Day to Day in Industry
- Managing behaviour
- Planning and enabling learning
- Assessment and learning
- Preparing to teach in the sector
- Theories of learning
- Equality and diversity
Qualified FE teachers in colleges can earn between £22,000 to £33,000 a year depending on experience. Those leadership and management jobs can earn from £33,000 to around £80,000.
Professional courses in teaching provide the necessary skills and qualifications for you to put theory into practice and embark on a career in teaching or assessing. You can also go on to study further qualifications at the College or another institution.