Welcome to the Careers Guidance service
The team are here to support our students on their journey through College by helping them make informed decisions about their future education, employment and training options. We offer a welcoming, supportive and impartial service where students can explore their skills, qualities, strengths and interests and plan their future career. We can offer advice and guidance on:
- Exploring options and career planning
- University research, applications and writing your Personal Statement
- Course research and applications
- Apprenticeship research and applications
- Job search and applications
- CV advice
- Interview skills
- Gap Year
Students will have opportunities to meet with us throughout the college year through one to one guidance interviews, group sessions, drop-in sessions, and progression events. They can also access information, advice and resources though our Moodle page. View our Careers Calendar and the key activities that help our students prepare for their next steps:
Sally Cunningham, Head of Careers Guidance
Tel: 01483 88 40 55
The college is proud of our Matrix Accreditation which recognises the high-quality impartial information, advice and guidance offered to all our students and service users.
For further information, view our Careers Guidance Policy which aligns with the Government Careers Strategy 2017 and the Gatsby framework.
The Careers Guidance Interview
Find out more about The Careers Guidance Interview
Start - Online Careers Platform
Students have access to this online careers platform designed to connect them with their future career potential. It combines comprehensive information with career planning tools, helping our students make informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability. Start includes:
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: careers profiles, labour market information including local and national industry trends, local Apprenticeship and employment opportunities linked to each students' areas of interest.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
To set up an account, students can log into the 'Careers Guidance Service' section of Moodle or email email@example.com
Advice for parents and carers
You can support your young person by encouraging them to:
- make choices to match their strengths, skills and interests
- explore all their options - the next level of their course, Higher Education, Apprenticeships, employment
- gain transferable skills through work experience, volunteering and part time employment
- work with the Careers Guidance team by dropping in or booking a 1-1 interview